Baird’s Equity Capital Markets group includes more than 500 professionals in research, institutional sales and trading, and investment banking. Baird delivers high-quality, objective research in the sectors where our clients seek timely, actionable insights. Our dedicated analyst teams provide comprehensive, award winning coverage of over 700+ stocks.
Our sales team is seeking a junior Institutional Sales Broker in our Boston office, who is highly driven and excels at building relationships. This person will work closely with a senior team in a structured team environment, with a primary focus on research distribution to institutional money managers. In this position, this person will be exposed to a broad array of research and investment banking products which are marketed to the investment management, mutual fund, pension fund and hedge fund community. Following a successful development path, the person can be expected to have account coverage responsibilities.
As an Institutional Equities Junior Sales Broker, you will:
- Work in a structured team environment, with a primary focus on supporting existing and prospective client relationships by driving greater client interactions and marketing of Baird resources (research insights, analyst connections, and corporate introductions).
- Support senior team in maintaining and enhancing client partnerships
- Prospect and develop new institutional client relationships
- Work closely with senior brokers to support research calls to clients and provide back-up client coverage when necessary.
- Support established institutional brokers, and team along with sales project responsibilities.
- Collaborate and communicate with groups within the Equities umbrella, ie Sales Trading, Research, Corporate Access, Investment Banking.
- Host in person client meetings in Boston area with senior analysts and corporate management teams.
- Participate in daily 7:30am ET morning meeting, supporting the sales team with summary points, idea pitches, etc.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Baird connects institutional investors with industry-leading companies across the globe; our focus on delivering unique relationships, resources and sector expertise garnered a No. 1 Greenwich ranking for “access to small-mid-cap companies’ management”
- Fast-paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
What we look for:
- Graduate degree in Business or an undergraduate degree in Business plus related work/internship experience, with an emphasis in the functional area of Finance, Accounting or Economics. 0-5 years’ experience.
- Series 7 and 66 are a plus or will be required within the first six months after start date.
- Passions for markets and investing.
- Strong relationship building and analytical.
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to effectively exchange ideas and information or influence others with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment with minimal supervision.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.