Challenge your thinking and build an amazing career with the best people in the financial services industry! Baird’s Financial Advisors provide advice, strategies, and solutions to high-net worth individuals and families across the United States, serving as true partners. True wealth management goes beyond managing investments. At Baird, we understand it begins with learning all we can about what our clients want for themselves and their families. We work closely with them to prioritize their goals, utilizing Baird’s resources and expertise to create a tailored plan to ensure success as they’ve defined it. Our 1,700+ private wealth associates serve clients coast-to-coast from over 160 + locations in over 33 states. We have been recognized on Barron’s Top Wealth Management Firms for 10 consecutive years and hold over $255 billion in client assets. Check out this video to learn more about our Private Wealth Management business.
Baird's Branch Administrative Managers are primarily responsible for leadership of branch support staff. You will train, develop, and supervise branch office support associates, and facilitate ongoing associate communication. The Branch Administrative Manager (BAM) establishes and implements branch procedures, and researches and completes special projects. In addition, you will act as a branch marketing liaison and Financial Advisor (FA) recruiting resource. The BAM may be responsible for compliance oversight delegated by the Branch Manager via the Branch Office Manager’s Letter of Delegation. These duties may occur with multiple branches. Within a Market, the BAM aligns processes and practices of other administrative leaders.
As a Branch Administrative Manager, you will:
- Work in partnership with the Market Director and/or Branch Manager to drive strategic priorities for the market and branch. This could involve project management, managing components of the recruiting process, and the monitoring of branch progress towards goals.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Branch Manager on branch marketing initiatives (i.e., Next Gen, wealth planning, etc.).
- Work in partnership with the Market Director and/or Branch Manager to monitor and track branch marketing budgets, P&L reports, FA and branch rankings, and manage office equipment needs.
- Perform daily, monthly and annual compliance reviews indicated on the Branch Office Manager’s Letter of Delegation, and will act as a backup to the Branch Manager in accordance with letter of delegation.
- Be responsible for quarterly staffing metrics, progressive discipline, in partnership with Human Resources and Branch Manager.
- Guide associates through ongoing performance management which includes goal setting, performance coaching, and career development.
- Assess and identify with all branch support to develop goals that align with PWM’s Strategic Priorities, FA Business Plans and branch business needs.
- Resolve associate issues and interpret policies, procedures, and guidelines for staff.
- Plan and lead monthly branch support staff meetings.
- Educate associates of PWM initiatives, business unit results and branch specific results.
- Supervise and evaluate the work of the branch support staff.
- Schedule support staff work hours and time off to provide adequate coverage.
- Responsible for the employment life cycle, including interviewing and onboarding or off-boarding, of branch associates.
- May act as backup to staff, filling in where necessary.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Opportunity to grow your career within financial services.
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- Baird offers highly competitive benefits including tuition and continuing education reimbursements, and has a strong focus on professional development.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 7+ years of industry experience with a minimum of three years as a Client Specialist or Senior Client Specialist or comparable role. Previous supervisory experience required.
- Must be SIE, Series 7, 63/65 or 66 licensed and be willing to obtain the Series 9 and 10 licenses within 12 months of hire.
- Ability to work well in and effectively lead a team.
- Excellent social, written and verbal communications skills are a must and ability to effectively relate to others.
- Strong organizational skills--ability to prioritize and delegate branch’s daily workflow to effectively organize tasks/people in order to achieve specific goals.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.