For over 100 years, Baird has provided high-quality financial advice and services with clients’ best interests in mind. Employee owned and independent, Baird serves individuals, foundations, organizations and municipalities across the country as well as corporations and institutions around the world from more than 100 offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia. Baird currently has over $415 billion in client assets.
Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 27 on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” in 2022 – the nineteenth consecutive year on the list which continues to provide a strong culture and foundation for the more than 3,700 Baird associates serving the needs of clients around the world.
Corporate Access is a dynamic, fast-pace and successful team within Institutional Equity and Research within Baird responsible for cultivating strong relationships with industry-leading companies across the globe and connecting corporate leadership with institutional investors. The team has garnered a No. 1 Greenwich ranking for “access to small-/mid-cap companies” and remains focused on providing a range of services to add value to both corporate and institutional clients.
As a Client Service Associate on the Corporate Access Team, you will:
Partner with the Corporate Relationship Managers on the team along with Baird research teams with the intent to become a trusted resource to help companies gain access and insight to their shareholder base. Strong communication, attention to detail, positive approach, diligence and consistent client service are significant attributes of this role.
- Provide differentiated and seamless execution for corporate access activities from start to finish, including high volume of emails, phone calls and correspondence internally and externally.
- Continual collaboration across teams to drive day to day communication and positive client outcomes.
- Internally build a strong working relationship with sales and trading, research and banking.
- Gain an understanding and become knowledgeable about the coverage companies and sectors.
- Diligent maintenance of internal database for communication and business continuity.
- Research and compile data for multiple uses. In addition, compile and communicate reports including corporate data analysis.
- Prepare proposals including marketing materials for internal and external use.
- Coordinate, manage and maintain a dynamic team SharePoint site.
- In partnership with current corporate access and research teams, develop and maintain external relationships from corporate access perspective.
- Maintain CRM system for accuracy, data and team activities. Perform Word and Excel functions of moderate complexity.
- Positive contribution to the day-to-day culture and team-oriented atmosphere.
- Occasional domestic travel to annual conferences/events.
What you will love:
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to learn and grow as a professional.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Business, Finance, Marketing or Communications preferred. 0-5 years of experience with an interest in our industry. SIE/Series 7/63/66 license is supported and encouraged.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - ability to effectively share ideas and information or influence others with a high level of professionalism.
- Commitment to providing exceptional client service internally and externally.
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize workflow quickly and efficiently.
- Strong team player approach- willing to pitch in and help other team members and leaders as necessary. Flexible, highly adaptable and proactive.
- Positively endure peak workloads, multiple responsibilities with constant interruptions and produce results with accuracy and professionalism in sometimes a high pressure, hectic environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills – is consistent, dependable and accurate. Ability to prioritize daily workflow to effectively meet deadlines and drive results.
- Ability to work within a team and on a self-directed basis.
- Capability to adapt to fast pace, changing environments.
- Team oriented, high degree of integrity and a positive attitude.
- Excellent PC skills –Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience utilizing pivot tables is helpful.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.