Investment Banking Associate
Baird’s Equity Capital Markets group includes more than 500 professionals in research, institutional sales and trading, and investment banking. Our Global Investment Banking group provides M&A, debt advisory, and equity and debt financing services to middle-market companies. There are approximately 300 banking professionals serving clients globally.
As one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For since 2004, Baird attracts many of the financial service industry’s leading and most experienced professionals as well as top talent from the nation’s finest universities. From day one, our new associates benefit from collaborative, mentoring relationships, often interacting with senior executives at the companies we cover and getting to know our best institutional clients. The result is a truly enriching experience that provides opportunities to build your existing skills and develop a keen understanding of the industry. Discover a firm with a vested interest in your professional future.
As an Investment Banking Associate, you will:
• Play an integral role on investment banking teams.
• Provide execution support for public equity offerings, mergers and acquisitions and other financial advisory services for clients across a number of sectors.
• Lead the preparation of company valuations, financial models, company marketing documents and client presentations in addition to performing research and various analyses in support of new business generation.
• Hone your skills by working closely with senior bankers and client senior management on a variety of transactions.
What makes this opportunity great:
• Work closely with client management and C-Suite executive team through M&A process.
• Work closely with senior bankers to have direct impact on the deal process.
• Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
What we look for:
• Candidates must have 1 year of work experience in a financial or quantitative role. Experience working for a top-tier investment bank is preferred.
• Baird values superior intellect, demonstrated leadership ability, attention to detail, effective team play and a commitment to excellence.
• Candidates must display proven analytical skills and an ability to learn in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
• Candidates must have a proven academic record.
• Series 63 & 79 licensing preferred or the ability to quickly obtain.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.