We are seeking a high-energy, organized professional that is committed to quality client service. The Contract Information Technology (IT) Instructional Designer will work closely with our Director of IT Client Services and subject matter experts to design and develop effective end user tutorials, learning programs and assessment processes using adult learning theory, sound instructional design techniques and change management best practices.
As an IT Instructional Designer, you will
- Design, Develop, & Implement
- Design, develop and implement tutorials, learning programs and curricula that develops proficiency.
- Determines what type of media is most effective in meeting training needs (ex. online course, virtual training, interactive PDF, video, podcast, facilitator-led materials, etc.) including accompanying communications.
- Develop content in various formats, including but not limited to online/on-demand (videos, documents, etc.) instructor-led courses (in-person or virtual), performance support (job aids), and reference guides.
- Collaborate, Research, Monitor & Improve
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs. Collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure content is accurate and thorough.
- Conducts research on existing and emerging technologies, as well as learning and development trends, to identify needs and makes recommendations for changes and enhancements.
- Monitors feedback on effectives of training after implementation, and make recommendations and implement changes on future programs, including the adoption and reinforcement of behavior changes that are needed.
- Regularly maintain and enhance existing programs and content.
- Develop and implement methods to evaluate program results to determine learner competency and continuously improve learning effectiveness.
- Support execution of special projects as needed.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with concentration in technology (IT) or related field preferred or equivalent experience in professional curriculum design and development related experience. 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for design of adult learning programs and content, instruction of individuals and groups, media-based learning, and measurement of training effectiveness.
- Experience developing training programs and content, with ability to tailor for different audiences.
- Must possess a sense of urgency with a true desire to go above and beyond to deliver exceptional client service.
- Excellent interpersonal and effective presentation skills including written, verbal, and visual communication.
- Proven track record of project management within cross functional team environment, supporting multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly collaborative and able to work with limited supervision.
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and commitment to follow through.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt, manage ambiguity and solve problems proactively and creatively.
- Tech-savvy; Experience with applications for authoring and managing content. Experience using Microsoft technologies including Window, MS Office, SharePoint, etc.
- Anticipate working in a Windows environment.