The Treasury team is responsible for monitoring Baird’s liquidity and balance sheet, cash flow, funding sources and uses, foreign currency exposures and returns on capital. The Treasury team works closely with outside credit providers and other groups within Baird, including risk management, operations and capital markets, to support Baird’s growing business. The Treasury team prepares forward looking models supporting future financing decisions and dividend policies, oversees hedging strategies and manages Baird’s balance sheet including cash and debt activity.
As a Sr. Treasury Analyst, you will:
- Balance Sheet Management – Manage daily cash and debt balances and project future cash needs based on projected cash inflows and outflows. Recommend and execute borrowings and paydowns based on cash projections and activity. Ensure proper recording of cash and debt activity in the Treasury system. Review quarterly debt covenant calculations and reporting.
- Liquidity Management – Review daily balance sheet and liquidity reports for significant or unusual variances and identify trends. Review monthly liquidity models and stress testing scenarios.
- Strategic Planning - Prepare ad-hoc pro forma analysis of cash, debt and financial covenants in support of long-term debt and dividend strategies.
- Committee Meetings - Prepare various analysis of historical and projected cash and debt activity in support of liquidity and funding decisions made by the Finance and/or Treasury Committees. Prepare materials for monthly Treasury Committee meetings.
- Hedging – Oversee hedging analysis and review effectiveness of hedging decisions on foreign currency and/or interest rates.
- Bank Relationships– Assist in preparation of materials for periodic bank and investor meetings. Support the firm’s cash sweep program by monitoring bank balances and assisting in setting up bank accounts and facilitating legal agreements. Coordinate various treasury needs with banks and other areas of Baird as needed.
- Manage Treasury Monthly Close Process – Review intercompany, cash and debt journal entries and approve journal entries charging business units cost of funds according to Treasury policy. Review interest and cost of funds reporting for distribution to the business units and overall Treasury dashboards.
- Special Projects – Active participation in key team-wide or department-wide initiatives to improve overall performance and support strategic initiatives.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Track record of career progression, promoting growth and skill development, while learning our dynamic, everchanging business
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be highly adaptable
- Fast paced and dynamic environment enabling you to grow as a professional
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and the firm while enjoying what we do including giving back to the communities where we live and work
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Finance or Accounting preferred) with a minimum of 4 years of finance, accounting or treasury experience preferred.
- Willingness to obtain Series 7 licensing within agreed upon time.
- Willingness to obtain Bloomberg certification.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and reliability with a drive for continuous improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Produces high quality, timely and accurate work output.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently, complete multiple concurrent responsibilities, proactively communicate and take initiative.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership as needed with a desire for continual learning.
- Anticipate client needs and provide superior service.
- Gathers appropriate information to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.