As a Mutual Fund Data Analyst/Sr. Specialist, you will:
- Provide high value service to internal and external clients in an environment that promotes Baird’s culture and the Operations mission and values statement.
- Handle advanced stages of solutions driven operational support and exception management of assigned team functions across mutual funds and UITs.
- Ensure adherence to regulations, Baird policies, and department procedures and policies. Monitor oversight tools pertinent to the status of ongoing activities; initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Actively engage in data and trending analysis to initiate or support productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness initiatives to improve process, drive exceptional client service, and mitigate risk by scrutinizing current state, defining requirements and scope, creating project plans, and implementing new procedures to advocate streamline processing or automation.
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of markets, products, processes, regulations and systems required to deliver on business objectives.
- Research and analyze any external process or regulatory changes/trends from vendors or industry rule making authorities that may impact business procedures to determine impact and/or necessary Firm level change management.
- Participate in vendor related and Mutual Fund/UIT working groups to better understand industry processes and needs, influence beneficial decisions, and to build relationships and networking opportunities throughout the industry.
- Perform other duties as required.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Each individual is exposed to all facets of the financial industry with meaningful opportunities for networking and personal/ professional growth while creating strong relationships.
- The functions of our Team are valued and rewarding as each member works both individually and collaboratively to make a direct impact to our internal and external clients on a daily basis.
- Ability to work a variety of teams and leaders throughout the firm and industry, proving your ability to be flexible and high adaptable.
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- The team is empowered to explore and implement any and all changes to meet the needs of the team and our clients including the use of technical solutions for data review and automation.
- Freedom to recommend and drive impactful change to pursue desired outcomes.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years related of experience in a financial services operations role is a plus.
- SIE and Series 99 or Series 7 within 120 days of hire if role processes cash or security movements.
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to perform advanced problem solving.
- Ability to tolerate multiple assignments, work under pressure and within deadlines and produce accurate results.
- Detail oriented with focus on accuracy.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, monitor, and complete multiple tasks or projects, either independently or collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must with the ability to effectively relate to work in a team-oriented setting.
- Passion for providing high-value client service.
- Ability to stay focused under pressure and to prioritize work in order to effectively manage time.
- Proven reliability in attendance and performance.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.