As an Sr. Advisory Trading Specialist, you will:
- Provide high value service to internal and external clients in an environment that promotes Baird’s culture and the Operations mission and values statement.
- Handle advanced stages of assigned tasks; cross-trained, knowledge of other functions within the team.
- Ensure adherence to regulations, Baird policies, and department procedures and policies. Monitor exception reports pertinent to the status of ongoing activities; initiate corrective action as necessary.
- Answer and/or initiate Financial Advisor and Client Specialist contact; answer routine questions and follow-through on requests.
- Contribute to productivity, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to drive exceptional client service and risk mitigation.
- Provide support to other Operations departments with projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of markets, products, processes, regulations and systems required to deliver on business objectives.
- Make recommendations on efficiencies and procedural changes.
- Perform analysis on trade errors (including tracking background information and causality) and complete required correction process.
- Participate in defined test plans.
- Perform other duties as required.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Fast paced environment, requires problem solving and new challenges daily.
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be flexible and highly adaptable.
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- Potential for work from home flexibility.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years related of experience in a financial services operations role is a plus.
- Series 7 within 120 days of hire.
- 1-2 years experience working with a managed account trading platform (APL, Envestnet, Advent, Vestmark) desired.
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to perform advanced problem solving.
- Ability to tolerate multiple assignments, work under pressure and within deadlines and produce accurate results.
- Detail oriented with focus on accuracy.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, monitor, and complete multiple tasks or projects, either independently or collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must with the ability to effectively relate to work in a team-oriented setting.
- Passion for providing high-value client service.
- Ability to stay focused under pressure and to prioritize work in order to effectively manage time.
- Proven reliability in attendance and performance.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.