The experts at Baird Trust offer a broad array of customizable trust and investment management solutions to help clients build, and protect wealth. Whether they’re setting up a trust that provides wealth for the next generation or creating a fund for their philanthropic efforts, our trust officers, and portfolio managers help tailor our client’s plans to meet current needs and their future goals. To learn more about Baird Trust, click here.
The experts at Baird Trust offer a broad array of customizable trust and investment management solutions to help clients build, and protect wealth. Whether they’re setting up a trust that provides wealth for the next generation or creating a fund for their philanthropic efforts, our trust officers, estate planners and portfolio managers design plans tailored around current needs and the future they choose.
As a Portfolio Manager you will:
- Maintain client satisfaction, performing investment reviews for trust, investment management and institutional clients.
- Consult with clients to develop investment objectives and implement a suitable investment plan and maintain an Investment Policy Statement for each relationship.
- Invest assets according to Investment Policy guidelines to deliver a competitive rate of return within the given level of risk.
- Collaborate with Trust Administrators, Estate Planners, and Financial Advisors to interpret the intentions of the trust or agency agreement and build an investment policy to accomplish those objectives.
- Work with Financial Advisors, participate in the development of new business opportunities by meeting with prospects, prepare and present proposals for investment management.
- Keep informed of market trends and analyze the effect of these trends on client investment portfolios.
- Follow established investment policies and procedures including annual account reviews and work to minimize account exceptions.
- Have an understanding of global equity & fixed income markets and tax code.
- Comply with legal, regulatory, and firm policy/procedure requirements.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- Compelling careers working side by side with the best in the business.
- Support & flexibility to grow and be your best at work, at home, and in the community.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance
- 5+ year experience as portfolio manager in a banking or securities industry
- Experience managing fixed income portfolios in addition to equities, preferred
- Series 7 & 66 (or 63/65) or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire
- CFA/CFP/MBA (preferred)
- Ability to travel as needed
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.