The financial systems team develops the Finance Department’s technology strategy including monitoring the status of active projects and coordinating priorities with Baird’s information technology (IT) department. The financial systems team also monitors and supports the Oracle Peoplesoft (Peoplesoft) platform that is used across the Finance department. The financial systems team interacts frequently with both Baird’s IT experts in application development and application administration, external consulting vendors and technology platform vendors as well as Finance department users.
The Financial Systems Analyst serves as a liaison between our Finance and IT departments while actively supporting the technology needs of the department. This role also provides PeopleSoft Financials subject matter expertise and support to Finance. This position is hybrid, working both remotely and in-person out of our Milwaukee office.
As a Financial Systems Analyst, responsibilities include:
- System Monitoring and Support: Supports Finance associates’ interactions with technical platforms. This includes responsibility for capturing user issues and collaborating with IT on problem solving.
- System and User Access: Performs user, access, and account changes.
- Data Integrity/Analytics and Decision Making: Supports the development of analytical tools and data flows that support both efficient Finance operations and provide business units with information to make decisions.
- Support Technology Design/Implementation: Execute against project plans by creating documentation, coordinating, and facilitating meetings, tracking action items and project activities, and taking ownership of elements of the full project. Act as a backup for Senior Systems Analyst in various systems where necessary
- Special Projects: Support ad hoc projects or advisory requests, special projects, and other duties.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Information System.
- Some Finance systems experience preferred.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and reliability with a drive for continuous improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Produces high quality, timely and accurate work output.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently, complete multiple concurrent responsibilities, proactively communicate and take initiative.
- Anticipate client needs and provide superior service.
- Gathers appropriate information to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.