Are you addicted to making sense of business data? Are you driven to build rock-solid data integration solutions that feed mission-critical business processes and decisions? Want to contribute to a growing financial services company who values IT as a partner to the business? Keep reading...
As we continue to grow and add top talent to the Baird family of technical associates, we are looking for a Data Integration Developer to continue to grow our data team. This is a key role on our IT Data Integration team requiring a broad range of skills and the ability to step into different roles depending on the size and scope of the project. The self-motivated candidate will have proven experience implementing successful data integration solutions on key projects in a collaborative and agile environment. Success will come from being able to prioritize, deliver value incrementally, problem solve, and manage changing priorities. You will work closely with business analysts and business intelligence teams and interface with both technical and non-technical colleagues representing the needs of business users and leaders.
This position is hybrid, working 2 days in one of our IT offices (Milwaukee, Madison or Louisville) and 3 days remote. Learn more about Baird IT here.
As a Data Integration Developer, you will:
Develop – do the work!
- Build data Integration (DI) solutions using various technologies and toolsets
- Provide data architecture technical designs and specifications for data integration and data storage
- Perform data analysis and mapping
- Establish and implement test plans to verify quality code and data, ensuring ETL processes maintain data integrity
- Provide full lifecycle support from implementation to maturity of DI solutions
- Determine testing needed to assure the functionality and integrity of DI solutions, create test plans, and evaluate testing results taking corrective action as necessary
- Help manage risk through identification of data quality issues and raise awareness to business and IT stakeholders
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation
Collaborate – build relationships!
- Identify delivery risks and impediments, notify team leadership, and proactively work with other members of the team to deliver business outcomes for our customers.
- Partner with internal business units to define information requirements and translate them into modern DI solutions
- Perform data analysis and data discovery to drive clear information requirements
- Partner with team members to translate business and functional requirements into technical designs
- Strive to understand the data integration needs of the business community, as well as the problems faced by business users involving the access and use of data
- Help teams develop solutions that enable businesses to capitalize on Business Intelligence in the drive toward gaining a competitive advantage
Learn - be your best!
- Seek out and apply new technologies and skills in daily work through conferences, online training, reading, participation in organizations and user groups, etc.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Information technology is a core part of Baird’s business strategy and plays a critical role in the growth and transformation of the firm.
- On Computerworld’s ‘Best Company to Work For’ list for five consecutive years with a collaborative culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- Support and flexibility to grow and be your best at work, at home, and in the community.
What we need from you:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Data Integration / Business Intelligence in a complex environment working with tools including:
- Data Integration concepts and strategies: ETL, EL-T, Data Warehousing, event-based processing
- Data Integration tools: SSIS
- Database: SQL Server
- Data Query tools: SQL, T-SQL
- Data Management and Quality: data mapping, data profiling, relational data modeling, dimensional data modeling
- Building and loading relational (3NF) and dimensional data sets matching business needs
- Familiarity with processing flat files, fixed-width, csv, json, xml, api’s, message queues
- Business Intelligence tools: Alteryx, Microsoft Power BI, SSRS, and SSAS
- Working knowledge of APIs and C# coding would be a plus
- Good communicator who wants to work in a team environment, comfortable working collaboratively with peers
- Analytical – not afraid to dive into data to troubleshoot issues
- Creative problem solver who is automation focused – we’re looking to not have recurring work come back to us, but to better automate or teach/train users for self service
- Motivated by small quick wins and process improvement
- Comfortable working in an agile environment.
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.