Challenge your thinking and build an amazing career with the best people in the financial services industry! Baird’s Financial Advisors provide advice, strategies, and solutions to high-net worth individuals and families across the United States, serving as true partners. True wealth management goes beyond managing investments. At Baird, we understand it begins with learning all we can about what our clients want for themselves and their families. We work closely with them to prioritize their goals, utilizing Baird’s resources and expertise to create a tailored plan to ensure success as they’ve defined it. Our 1,700+ private wealth associates serve clients coast-to-coast from 90+ locations in 30 states. We have been recognized on Barron’s Top Wealth Management Firms for 10 consecutive years and hold over $200 billion in client assets. We have an opportunity to join our team in our Milwaukee or Louisville office.
The primary responsibilities of the PWM Human Resources Consultant are to support the PWM business to provide leader and associate counsel related to associate relations activities and strategic thought partnership on market and department initiatives. This role will also work in collaboration with various PWM and corporate teams to ensure alignment of business goals and objectives, and lead and support the execution of PWM Talent and HR strategy.
As a PWM Human Resources Business Consultant you will:
• Support the Private Wealth Management business to provide leader and associate counsel related to resolving complex associate relations issues.
• Work in collaboration with PWM leadership, PWM administrative and Baird corporate departments to ensure alignment of business goals and objectives and support the execution of the PWM Talent and HR strategy.
• Counsel branch leadership in establishing and maintaining programs and practices that promote and support solid associate-leader relations.
• Advise leadership before and during significant organizational changes (i.e., department restructure).
• Facilitate regular meetings with branch leaders to discuss strategy, branch issues and associate development.
• Work closely with the Director of PWM Talent to set and execute strategy related to PWM branches, PWM Admin, Hilliard Lyons Trust Company and Wealth Solutions Group/Operations.
• Keep abreast of developments and stay current on trends in the employment practices arena and in the industry and evaluate the relevance for PWM and Baird.
• Provide input and direction on associate communication strategies and programs.
• Recommend corporate policies to address employment practices issues.
• Analyze branch headcount reports and partner and provide counsel to market and branch leadership.
• Lead and/or participate in PWM Talent and HR projects, including but not limited to leadership and associate development, organization structure and strategy, succession and talent planning, performance management, and associate engagement and inclusion analysis and action planning.
What makes this opportunity great:
• Compelling career working side-by-side with the best in the business.
• Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be collaborative and highly adaptable.
• Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
• Support and flexibility to grow and be your best at work, at home, and in the community.
What we look for:
• 10 years of related human resource experience with at least 7 years of generalist/associate relations experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources or related field.
• Ability to travel to assigned branches, approximately once per month.
• Experience in the Professional Services industry.
• Comprehensive understanding of associate relations, legal principles, and Human Resource policies and practices.
• Understanding of federal and state laws and regulations relating to HR.
• Industry specific knowledge and/or experience desired.
• Knowledge of "best-in-class" HR practices.
• Results-driven focus.
• Organizational interdependencies, interfaces and processes.
• Negotiation/Consensus-Building Skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Client-service focus and business acumen.
• Analytical and critical thinking problem solving skills.
• Process Management skills.
• Microsoft Office Proficiency.