Baird’s Financial Advisor Foundations Program is a rotational program that provides work experiences and educational opportunities in select Private Wealth Management functional areas to train Financial Advisor talent to be prepared for a successful career as a Financial Advisor and earn a full-time role on an existing team. Associates in this program should aim to add value every step of the way, increasing results for Baird while earning opportunities to deepen their knowledge and experience with the ultimate goal of joining a team.
The program is divided between three phases: the Education Phase, the Application Phase and the Rotations Phase.
In the Education Phase, you will complete a critical foundational curriculum, which includes education and training, while working with key departments and finishing licensing exams.
- Receive training on the breadth of Baird’s expertise, resources, investment solutions and technology
- Complete sales and client service training, articulate your value proposition as well as complete a variety of quizzes and case studies to test your knowledge and understanding
- Complete a rough draft of a biography, business plan and pipeline tracking document
- Team with relevant departments, including Operations, Marketing, Business Development, Technology Best Practices, Supervision, Financial Planning, the Client Resource Team (CRT), Product Management and PWM Research
- Study for your SIE, Series 7 and Series 66 exams and begin studying for the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ exam
In the Application Phase, you will face real, practical, client-facing work in the Client Resource Team (CRT) and on a sponsoring wealth management team that requires individuals to leverage and apply training from the Education Phase.
- Work with CRT to communicate with clients, understand their goals and needs, identify and then implement investment solutions within a structured environment with close coaching
- Be paired with a sponsoring wealth management team to work as a dedicated teammate to provide the highest level of client service and help the team grow their business
- Begin to drip on your pipeline through your sponsoring wealth management team
The goal during this phase is to earn the trust of your team and build credibility such that you are given increased responsibilities, access to a variety of challenges and an opportunity to apply solutions, all with the aim to get as many real-world application experiences to build your confidence and expertise.
Branch Rotations Phase
In the Rotations Phase, you will rotate through a variety of departments that will be relevant to your career as a Financial Advisor with the chance to earn 1-2 branch rotations on prospective teams with the goal of identifying and solidifying a permanent teaming opportunity.
- Begin to target potential branch rotations with permanent teaming opportunities on established wealth management teams, articulating the value you could add to their practice and testing the fit of the relationship
- Finalize your biography and business plan, complete the CFP curriculum and schedule the CFP exam
- Deepen your knowledge gained during the other two phases
- Begin negotiating a teaming deal
What makes this opportunity great?
- Extensive resources and time dedicated to the development necessary to jump start your journey to becoming a Financial Advisor
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, increasing your knowledge and skills through many different work experiences and opportunities across Private Wealth Management
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork, a hard work ethic and initiative
What we look for:
- Commitment to become a Financial Advisor at the conclusion of the program and a strong desire to develop skills in client service, wealth management, new business development and practice management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3+ years relevant professional experience or proven private wealth management internship experience with passed SIE exam desired
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain the SIE, Series 7 & 66 licenses within 16 weeks of hire and pass the examination portion of the CFP by the conclusion of the program