This role supports our Global Investment Banking and Principal Investments business units. Our Global Investment Banking team provides comprehensive advisory & financing services to both privately & publicly held companies through an integrated cross border team based in North America, Europe and Asia. Principal Investments represents our private equity arm and includes Baird Capital and Baird Principal Group. Baird Capital makes direct investments through proprietary funds in emerging and lower middle-market private companies. Baird Principal Group makes minority co-investments in middle market private companies and strategic equity investments in third party entities.
The FP&A Global Investment Banking/Principal Investments team monitors and reports on the financial performance of Baird’s Global Investment Banking/Principal Investments businesses. By using key metrics and operating results, the team provides financial analysis and data driven recommendations to assist with operating and strategic decisions. In addition to current results, the team prepares forward looking information including the budget to illustrate future trends in the business. The team works with other Baird departments gathering information to evaluate trends and business opportunities.
As a Sr. Financial Analyst - FP&A, you will:
- Business Unit Reporting and Analysis: Partner with the business units to develop and provide insightful analysis of performance, financial models and ad-hoc reporting to support strategic initiatives.
- Financial Close: Participate in the monthly close process through review, preparation & communication of variances, key operating metrics and financial performance to the finance reporting team. Compile executive summary and charts for the executive close packet connecting market trends with financial outcomes.
- Budgeting: Assist with updating the annual budget by working closely with business units and finance business partners. Create and generate system and ad-hoc reports and variation analysis. Participate in review meetings and development of client presentation materials.
- Data Analytics: Enhance our data strategy through the use of Power BI or other business intelligence tools to translate data into actionable analyses for our business units.
- Private Equity Support: Responsible for handling the month end tasks related to Baird Principal Group strategic investments including but not limited to capital calls, valuation work and preparing investor summaries for our internal clients.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Track record of career progression for our Financial Analysts promoting growth and skill development while learning our dynamic, ever-changing business
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be highly adaptable
- Fast paced and dynamic environment enabling you to grow as a professional
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and the firm while enjoying what we do including giving back to the communities where we live and work
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Finance or Accounting preferred) with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Series 7 licensing is preferred, but not required.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and reliability with a drive for continuous improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Produces high quality, timely and accurate work output.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently, complete multiple concurrent responsibilities, proactively communicate and take initiative.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to take ownership as needed with a desire for continual learning.
- Anticipate client needs and provide superior service.
- Gathers appropriate information to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel and PowerBI.