Looking for a new challenge and opportunity to contribute to a thriving, global financial services firm? If so, consider one of the Global Investment Banking Marketing Specialist positions at one of Fortune® magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
These two (2) positions, in Baird’s corporate Marketing & Communications department, will support the Global Investment Banking (GIB) business by planning, developing and implementing the marketing and communications programs for the Consumer, Technology & Services, Healthcare & Real Estate, Industrial and Energy teams. These roles require individuals with both strategic marketing planning and program execution skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to successfully cultivate strong relationships with senior internal clients, partners, and other marketing and communication peers.
As a Global Investment Banking Marketing Specialist, you will:
- Develop, prioritize, execute and measure annual marketing plans and strategies for select Baird investment banking teams to support the Baird Global Investment Banking’s brand awareness and reputation in the Consumer, Technology & Services, Healthcare & Real Estate, Industrial and Energy sectors.
- Conduct ongoing marketing consultation with senior investment bankers in Consumer, Technology & Services, Healthcare & Real Estate, Industrial and Energy teams to learn their business goals and translate those goals into marketing strategies and tactics for their respective sub-sector areas of focus. Such strategies and tactics are likely to involve trade association relationships, virtual and in-person client events, email, paid search, social media, sponsorships, videos and more.
- Collaborate heavily with other professionals in Baird’s Marketing & Communication department, such as Public Relations, Digital, Graphic Design and more to oversee the execution of integrated marketing & communications initiatives.
- Be responsible for leveraging analytics and other measures to evaluate impact of and guide future decisions and recommendations for marketing initiatives for the Consumer, Industrial and Energy teams.
- Consume Consumer, Industrial and Energy sector content and news and proactively identify industry trends and topics that may be opportunities for teams of senior investment bankers to develop unique thought leadership content.
- Manage ongoing enhancements and updates to Consumer, Industrial and Energy teams’ marketing tools, including brochures, flyers, website and other communications pieces.
What makes this opportunity great:
- This role offers a marketer the opportunity to influence and drive the marketing strategy for three of GIB’s industry teams, while developing and leading the day-to-day implementation of campaigns, programs and tactics to achieve their sales, client communications and branding goals.
- This role involves direct interface and consulting with the leaders and senior investment bankers of Baird’s Consumer, Technology & Services, Healthcare & Real Estate, Industrial and Energy teams, which includes coverage for over 20 sub-sectors.
- This role is part of Baird’s Corporate Marketing & Communications team, a dynamic group of 50+ marketing, PR, digital and creative services professionals.
- Baird offers a unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership; supports and provides a flexible environment to grow and be your best at work, at home, and in the community.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communications.
- 7+ years of marketing communications experience in the financial or professional services industry, preferably with a company operating in the capital markets.
- Experience with Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills, with an ability to quickly understand and process technical information.
- Aptitude and desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Superior marketing program development and project management skills; must be willing to proactively plan, execute and report on multiple activities for multiple clients at the same time.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a cross-functional Marketing & Communications team environment.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing relationships with senior internal clients, compliance teams and other stakeholders.