We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our Municipal Underwriting desk as an Assistant Municipal Underwriter. The successful candidate will support all functions of the institutional municipal underwriting desk including but not limited to primary negotiated offerings, primary competitive offerings, and operational tasks including ticketing of deals with respect to the desks day-to-day functions. The candidate will play an integral role in communicating with Baird’s Fixed Income Institutional Sales force as well as Baird’s Public Finance Department with respect to new Municipal Bond issues managed by Baird. The successful candidate should be passionate about the Fixed Income marketplace and have excellent interpersonal skills.
As an Assistant Municipal Underwriter, you will:
- Work closely with Institutional Municipal Underwriters to help ensure the best execution of new Municipal Bond issues. This includes: assistance with computation of competitive bids for new municipal bond underwritings, distribution of pricing/pertinent materials for both competitive and negotiated underwritings, assisting in communications between Baird’s Institutional Underwriting desk and external Institutional Municipal bond dealers.
- Supports the Negotiated and Competitive Underwriters with respect to their day-to-day operations. This includes clerical, recordkeeping, ticketing and new issue settlement duties.
- Works alongside our compliance group to ensure the Underwriting desk’s day-to-day operations are compliant with all procedures Baird’s compliance department has put in place.
- Assists Underwriters in communicating with Fixed Income personnel, including Institutional traders and salespeople with regard to new issues managed by Baird.
- Communicates with Baird’s Public Finance department with respect to new Negotiated offerings both before and after a new issue has been brought to market by the Underwriting desk.
What makes this opportunity great:
- We are a top 5 national underwriter
- Compelling careers working side-by-side with the best in the business
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and giving back to the communities where we live and work
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 2 years of industry experience.
- Series SIE, 7, 52 and Series 63, or ability to obtain Series SIE and 52 within 6 months of employment and Series 7 and 63 within 12 months of employment.
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Ability to learn specific industry software. Bloomberg a plus.
- Excellent grammar, editing and proofing skills required. Attention to detail and positive can-do attitude a must. Strong inter-personal skills with a focus on client service.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, often under pressure and/or short deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to work additional hours as needed to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion and deal process is seamless.
- Ability to tolerate peak workloads, multiple assignments and produce results with accuracy and reliability. Ability to demonstrate a calm demeanor and retain composure in stressful situations. Ability to initiate action and work independently on most tasks.