Are you driven to build a reputation as a trusted IT advisor working closely with the entire organization? To drive mission critical business processes and decisions? Want to contribute to a growing financial services firm who values IT as a partner to the business? Keep reading…
Our Business Analysts work collaboratively with cross-functional team members to perform analysis around/for projects and serve as a conduit in delivering quality results. We offer a collaborative culture with a continuous learning, agile/lean environment and adding value to the Baird business.
As a Business Analyst, you will:
Analyze and Develop Solutions – think about it!
- Independently elicit requirements by the use of interviews, workflow analysis, requirements workshops, and surveys to provide business process descriptions, business requirements, use cases, and user stories.
- Collaborate with project team members (developers, architects, product owners) to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Perform analysis of potential solutions against business requirements and financial impact to identify the best solution for the business.
- Actively engages with the client community (internal and external) throughout all stages of project lifecycle, including business requirement elicitation through implementation.
- Partner with internal business units to define information requirements and translate them into appropriate data solutions
- Perform data analysis to gain a solid understanding of the business data in order to collaborate effectively with the business users, business analysts, and data owners.
- Develop and validate source to target mappings and transformation logic required to support business needs. Understand the importance of capturing data lineage.
Collaborate - build relationships!
- Consult and develop relationships with all client personnel that foster closer ties between the business and Information Technology department.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Test and Troubleshoot – focus on quality!
- Supports quality assurance through test plan and/or script creation, QA team collaboration, and project team validation.
- Act as a facilitator for UAT (User Acceptance Testing) with the client, third party vendors or other testers that use the product, leveraging acceptance criteria defined with the business partner.
Project Execution – get it done!
- Assists project managers in defining project milestones, based on business need, requirements, and defined solution.
- As needed, facilitates project management role on small projects, ensuring the right capabilities are encompassed in the project team and scope.
What makes this opportunity great:
- Ability to work on critical projects with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to influence and make business impact through providing technology solutions
- Information technology is a core part of Baird’s business strategy and plays a critical role in the growth and transformation of the firm
- Computer World Best Company to Work For with collaborative culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and give back to the communities where we live and work
What we look for:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of prior IT experience, including at least five (5) years related BA experience.
- A college degree, ideally a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or Finance is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Experience, comfort level and success working in agile environment
- Strong experience with writing business requirements, use cases and user stories
- Previous experience with data analysis including writing SQL queries and interpreting results to help answer business questions, troubleshoot and support client data needs
- Experience working on projects related to the creation, support and enhancement of web applications.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, ability to influence without authority.
- Detail oriented and possess exceptional organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Motivated by small quick wins and process improvement