Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird.
The Sales & Trading internship is designed to last one week after the candidate’s other full time summer internship ends. The one week internship generally occurs at the first or second full week of August before the candidate returns to school.
Internship Location, Availability and Hours:
The internship is currently scheduled to be virtual, but will be reviewed closer to the internship date. Interns must be available to work full time for the duration of the 1 week program.
As a Sales & Trading Intern, you will:
- Have the opportunity to shadow experienced sales associates and traders in a structured team environment
- Be exposed to a broad array of research and investment banking products which are marketed to the investment management, mutual fund, pension fund and hedge fund community
- Become educated on the function of U.S. equity markets, along with the intricacies of Baird’s sales teams and trading systems, including exposure to Baird’s sales trading and principal trading desk
What we look for:
- Candidates must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree in Business or a related field, with interest in equity capital markets
- Have solid analytical and sales skills as well as strong interpersonal capabilities and work ethic
- A 3.5 GPA or better is preferred
What makes this opportunity great:
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
- Direct access to Equity Capital Market leaders gives interns insight into the markets and Sell-Side business