Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird.
About our intern program:
Our competitive intern program is a robust experience that offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Interns are treated as valuable team members while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun, and dynamic environment. Baird’s summer program activities include an Intern Welcome Event in our corporate office in Milwaukee, multiple Lunch & Learns, a Brewer’s game at Miller Park, Baird Night at the Zoo, and many other informal events. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day and be compensated to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for $8,000 in scholarships. Our informal mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm.
Participate in a 10 week rotational program between Fixed Income Capital Markets/Public Finance and Equity Capital Markets. In all departments, there will be unique learning opportunities and the chance to apply knowledge by completing various research and analytical projects as well as helping the teams with their tasks. The goal is to be exposed to multiple parts of the financial markets and to experience working on many different teams in order to build a unique and valuable skill set.
Location and Hours: Located in our downtown Milwaukee office, students must be available to work 40 hours per week in the summer, some overtime is required during Equity Research rotation.
As a Rotational Intern, you will:
- Fixed Income Capital Markets/Public Finance: Understand the process of debt origination, assist in office accounting, and client relationship management. Explore Bloomberg to learn more about the fixed income markets, assist sales associates in business transactions and general administrative duties on the trading desk. Complete market research project.
- Equity Capital Markets (Equity Research and Institutional Sales & Trading): Learn basics of equity markets. Research and evaluate stocks and present a stock pitch to business professionals.
What we look for:
What makes this opportunity great:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance
- Sophomore standing
- 3.5 Minimum GPA
- Leadership experience
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- The opportunity to be exposed to multiple parts of the financial markets and to gain experience working on different teams to improve your skillset
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
More about Baird:
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has over $208 billion in client assets and more than 3,600 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. As stated in our Associate Promise, we are passionate about how we achieve great outcomes together for our clients, communities and each other. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 16 on the Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For®, our sixteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird’s culture, click here.