Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird!
About our intern program:
Our competitive intern program is a robust experience that offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Interns are treated as valuable team members while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun, and dynamic environment. Baird’s summer program activities include an Intern Welcome Event in our corporate office in Milwaukee, multiple Lunch & Learns, a Brewer’s game at Miller Park, Baird Night at the Zoo, and many other informal events. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day and be compensated to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for scholarships. Our informal mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm. To learn more, check out this video.
The Baird IT Client Services team provides technical services and support to Baird associates across the country. This fun, energetic team works in a complex technical environment of over 500 different software applications, which allows team members to constantly learn and grow. The Service Desk Intern will provide outrageous service to our clients to resolve their technology needs and assist with technical project planning for hardware and software upgrades and related projects.
IT has a track record of success with interns across their various teams, all who have the ability to directly contribute to the success of the department. Interns apply knowledge gained in the classroom to develop relevant professional experience while developing meaningful relationships. Interns are treated as valuable team members and are challenged with meaningful work while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun, and dynamic environment. We look for highly motivated individuals who are proactive, eager to learn and ready to contribute.
Internship Location, Availability and Hours:
This is a year round internship in our downtown Milwaukee office, part-time during the Spring and Fall semesters (15-20 hours/week) and full-time during the Summer (37.5 - 40 hours/week). We are seeking a local student who is able to start as soon as October 2019.
As an IT Service Desk Intern, you will:
- Provide outrageous client service using a combination of effective communication and troubleshooting skills to resolve client issues and fulfill requests, both over the phone and desk side.
- Utilize knowledge management system when troubleshooting client issues.
- Document, track and monitor client incidents and requests in ticketing system to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
- Provide technical support for all corporate hardware and software including small office home support and offsite IT support (branch/conference activity).
- Experience Baird’s culture by shadowing current team members. Receive mentorship from an experienced team member and partner with a manager on professional development.
- Collaborate with fellow interns to identify and propose a value-driven, firm-wide initiative to Baird Leadership.
What we look for:
What makes this opportunity great:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related degree. Targeting December 2020 grads or later.
- Technical knowledge of Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2010/365. Possess basic technical skills with prior troubleshooting hardware and software support experience.
- Previous experience installing or assembling computers is preferred.
- Professional, calm, and courteous with focus on client service.
- Possesses a natural curiosity in understanding the application of technology to solve business problems.
- Positive attitude, proactive in seeking additional work, and strong initiative.
- Detail oriented and exhibits organizational, time management, and problem solving skills/
- 3.3 GPA or better is preferred.
- Interns apply knowledge gained in the classroom to develop relevant professional experience while developing meaningful relationships.
- IT interns enjoy a collaborative work environment where they can thrive and reach their full potential
- Opportunity to work for a Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT!
More about Baird:
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has over $208 billion in client assets and more than 3,600 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. As stated in our Associate Promise, we are passionate about how we achieve great outcomes together for our clients, communities and each other. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 16 on the Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For®, our sixteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird’s culture, click here.