We have a unique opportunity to join our corporate Human Resources team as a Human Resources Business Advisor in our downtown Milwaukee office! Baird’s Human Resources team is dedicated to attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best global talent to meet the firm mission of being a best place to work. The HR Business Partner and Advisor team works in collaboration with firm leaders and other HR colleagues to ensure alignment of business needs to support the execution of the HR strategy. Working closely with an HR Business Partner, the HR Business Advisor partners with front line leaders to manage associate relations, coach, and provide solutions to retain, grow, and develop talent. The role supports both revenue and corporate resources groups. This is a highly visible role critical to meeting our talent goals. As a Human Resources Business Advisor you will:
Leader Coaching and Counseling:
- Conduct regular meetings with business leaders to provide strategic HR counsel supporting performance management, change management, employment practices, reward and recognition, associate relations, and inclusion and diversity.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with leaders in order to provide appropriate feedback and coaching.
- Coach business leaders and associates regarding interpersonal disputes, corrective action, progressive discipline, and performance concerns.
- Counsel leaders in establishing and maintaining programs and practices that promote and support solid associate-leader relations.
- Advise leadership before, during, and after significant organizational changes (i.e., department restructure).
- Act as a liaison between front line leaders and other HR centers of excellence (e.g., Human Resources Operations group, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, etc.) to support needs or issue resolution.
Employee Relations and Coaching:
- Support a variety of departments to provide counsel related to associate relations activities.
- Monitor the associate relations climate within designated client areas.
- Provide input and direction on associate communication strategies and programs.
- Conduct and interpret exit interviews, communicating and addressing trends.
Project Management and Collaboration:
- Participate in HR projects and firm initiatives including talent management, succession planning, leadership development, performance management, associate engagement, inclusion and diversity, and action planning.
- In partnership with the BP, assist in the follow-through of individual, team or department action plans and talent road maps.
- Develop and deliver presentations to clients on HR strategies, programs, practices and issues.
Learning and Growing:
What makes this position great:
- Keep abreast of regulations and developments in HR to increase performance and drive business results.
- Leverage industry trends and best practice data to become an expert in your field.
- Seek out professional development through conferences, online training, reading, and participation professional HR organizations.
What we look for:
- Opportunity to be a part of an innovative HR team within a growing, dynamic financial services firm with an award winning culture focused on associate engagement.
- Multi-faceted role with the ability to make an impact on the growth and development of leaders and associates.
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- Support and flexibility to grow and be your best at work, at home, and in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Human Resources or related field.
- Three to five years related human resource experience with at least three years of generalist/associate relations experience. Experience working within professional services preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of associate relations, legal principles, and Human Resource policies and practices,
- Knowledge and demonstrated implementation of "best-in-class" HR practices.
- Exceptional coaching skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Ability to coach, influence, negotiate, and build consensus with employees and leaders.
- Ability to build strong client relationships through trust and business acumen.
- Ability to work independently and utilize critical thinking to solve complex HR issues.
- Strong project management and data analysis skills
More about Baird:
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has over $208 billion in client assets and more than 3,600 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. As stated in our Associate Promise, we are passionate about how we achieve great outcomes together for our clients, communities and each other. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 16 on the Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For®, our sixteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird’s culture, click here.